👍10 Reasons Why You Should Try Azelaic Acid 👍
1. It's great for acne! This is one of the best reasons why you should try azelaic acid. It has anti-inflammatory, comedolytic and anti-bacterial properties, which make it a great part of your acne treatment regimen. .
2. It reduces post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation Flat, red acne scars still have sub-inflammation, thus the anti-inflammatory property of azelaic acid works on these post-inflammatory erythematous (PIE) scars. Azelaic acids also eliminates excess melanin, thus targeting post-inflammatory hyperpigmented scars.
3. It doesn't cause antibiotic resistance Azelaic acid is not an antibiotic but is bactericidal (can kill bacteria) against several types of bacteria, including P. acnes (the bacteria that causes acne).
4. It calms rosacea and skin redness Because of its anti-inflammatory property, azelaic acid can help treat rosacea and redness.
5. Azelaic acid helps lighten melasma It helps eliminate hyperactive melanocytes and it helps inhibit tyrosinase, a substance needed to produce melanin.
6. It can help treat perioral dermatitis (red, bumps surrounding the mouth)
7. It is better tolerated than retinoids It causes less side effects like redness, irritation and peeling unlike retinoids (e.g. tretinoin, adapalene).
8. It is safe for pregnant and lactating women Azelaic acid is derived from wheat, barley and rye that's why it's safe for pregnant and lactating women.
9. It has beauty benefits - improves skin texture and refines skin
10. Azelaic acid can be easily used together with other active ingredients. . Try our Azelaic Acid now and see what benefits it can do for your skin! Message us in our Facebook or Instagram page @adraneda.derm for inquiries