Instagram Updates — acne
What skin care products or cosmetics are safe for pregnant and breastfeeding?
acne breastfeeding lactation melasma pregnancy
Pregnancy and lactation period are sensitive periods for a woman. Hormonal changes can induce different skin conditions like acne and melasma. Thus, it's important to know what skin care products and cosmetics are safe to use during pregnancy and breastfeeding?
Acne medications that are SAFE to use:
1. Benzoyl Peroxide (in limited areas only)
2. Azelaic acid
3. Topical clindamycin or erythromycin
4. Glycolic acid, Lactic acid, Malic acid, Mandelic acid
NOT SAFE: Topical retinoids & Hydroquinone
Whitening/Anti-aging products that are SAFE to use:
2. Vitamin C serum
3. Topical Hyaluronic acid
4. Kojic acid
5. Azelaic acid
1. Hair dyes - not safe; some studies associate hair dyes with leukemias and Wilm's tumor
2. Hair straightening/curling products - not safe; some studies associate use of these products with leukemias in children under the age of 2
3. Depilatory products containing calcium thioglycolate - not safe; associated with low birth weight fetus in rats
4. Nail polish & Nail polish removers - generally safe; choose phthalate-free products
5. Makeup products - generally safe; choose products that doesn't contain mercury
Top 10 reasons why you should try azelaic acid
acne acnescartreatment acnetreatmentsph antiaging azelaic acid dermaph dermatologistph hormonal acne melasmaph perioral dermatitis treatment post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation postacne marks rosacea skincare skinproduct skinrejuvenation
Are you suffering from MASCNE (Acne due to mask)?
acne acne due to mask acne mechanica mascne side effects of n95 mask